Deepika Padukone was born on 5 January, 1986. She is an Indian actress and model. Her father Prakash Padukone was a badminton player and her mother is doing job in a travel agency. She has been involved in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 2010 but they split in 2012.
She made her Indian film debut in the year 2006 through “Om Shanti Om”. It was a big commercial success of her. And the journey of success has begun. She earned positive and encouraging response from critics and viewers also which helped her to come forward. Deepika has a skilled command on Kathak Dance. For her film “Om Shanti Om” she got Filmfare Best Female Debut Award for her first performance.
Deepika the hot lady gathered a huge appreciation and admiration after her successes in a queue and became one of the powerfull ladies of Bollywood. She is very flexible and easily fits into any role beautifully. Her roles in Om Shanti Om and cocktail are appreciated largely.
Her Hit movies are following.
- Om Shanti Om in 2006, directed by Farah Khan.
- Bachna Ae Haseeno in 2008, directed by Siddharth Anand.
- Chandni Chowk To China in 2009, directed by Nikhil Advani.
- Billu in 2009, directed by Priyadarshan.
- Love Aaj Kal in 2009, directed by Imtiaz Ali.
- Housefull in 2010, directed by Sajid Khan.
- Karthick Calling Karthick in 2010, directed by Vijay Lalwani.
- Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se in 2010, directed by Ashutosh Gowariker.
- Break k Baad in 2010, directed Danish Aslam.
- Lafangay Parindey in 2010, directed by Pradeep Sarkar.
- Dum Maro Dum in 2011, directed by Rohan Sippy.
- Desi Boyz in 2011, directed by Rohit Dhawan.
- Cocktail in 2012, directed by Homi Adajania.
Deepika Padukone has also signed some upcoming films. She is also busy in shootings of her coming out films now days. She has signed “Raam Leela”, “Yeh Jawaani Hai Dewaani” and “Chennai Express”. Her film Race-2 will be released in the start of next year.